About the Mid West Regional Drugs & Alcohol Forum
The Mid West Regional Drugs Task Force (MWRDTF) was established under the National Drugs Strategy 2001 – 2008 to research, develop, implement and monitor a co-ordinated response to illicit drug use at regional level, based on evidence of what is effective.
The Task Force is responsible for ensuring the development of a co-ordinated response to tackling drugs problems in counties Clare, Limerick, North Tipperary and Limerick City.
The Terms of Reference/ Role of the Task Force is:
- To ensure the development of a co-ordinated and integrated response to illicit drug use
- To create and maintain an up-to-date database on the nature and extent of illicit drug use in the region and provide information on drug related services and resources in the region
- To identify and address gaps in service provision, having regard for evidence available on the extent and specific location of illicit drug use in the region
- To prepare an action plan to respond to regional drug issues for assessment and ultimately funding by the National Drugs Strategy Team (NDST)
- To develop regionally relevant policy proposals in consultation with the NDST
- To provide information and regular reports to the NDST.